- Performs a variety of ultrasound examinations. Advanced knowledge of examinations of the abdomen, the female reproductive system, obstetrics, the male reproductive system, soft tissue, and vascular examinations.
- Responsible for performing diagnostic ultrasounds in a professional manner. Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify and record appropriate anatomical, pathological, and diagnostic images. Thoroughly understands the operation of the ultrasound machine and utilization of new technologies
- Expert in providing basic patient care when performing a wide range of diagnostic imaging procedures and producing high-quality images.
- Adept at managing equipment maintenance, inventory, charging, and patient workflow.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships and rapport all organizational staff, and maintains positive interactions with patients.
- Maintains a high standard of medical ethics at all times and is self-motivated to increase the level of understanding and knowledge of the sonography field.
- Displays empathy, compassion, and integrity.
- Conducts self professionally at all times, even during moments of high stress.
- Coordinate work with physicians or other healthcare team members, including providing assistance during invasive procedures when applicable.
Qualification and Requirement
- BSc in Medical sonography
- Certification from Allied Health Professions Council