The General Manager will be responsible for planning, directing and overseeing the general operations and fiscal health of the organization. He/she will work to ensure the development of businesses within the organisation. He/she will ensure activity implementation, timeliness, efficiency and effectiveness by providing leadership for the technical operation of the organisation. He/she will supervise and direct Officers responsible for the activities of the various departments.
Key Functions & Responsibilities include
- Coordinate, plan, manage, supervise, and monitor the implementation of activities of the various departments of the organization.
- Lead in securing jobs for the organization through generating business leads and following up on job opportunities; negotiating and signing of contracts on behalf of the organization.
- Improve the performance, productivity, efficiency and effectiveness of the various departments of the organization through the application of effective methods and strategies.
- Improve procedures, processes and operational systems in support of the overall organization’s activities implementation strategy to achieve set targets and monitor compliance.
- Manage the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities of the organization.
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Communicate regularly with relevant supervising agencies and stakeholders.
- Undertake any other activities that may be assigned by the Board.
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Project Management, Development Studies or other relevant field. A Master’s degree in any relevant field will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 7 years’ working experience in a Senior Management position in Commercial Organization, Development Work, Consultancy, Banking, Finance or other related field.
- Knowledge of business and project management principles and practices in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
- Functional Computer proficiency in MS-Office tools and other software applications.