The Information and Communication/Knowledge Manager, reporting to the General Manager, will be responsible for a wide variety of activities related to identifying, managing, packaging, and disseminating key information to advance technical practice and managing the ICT system of the organization. He/she is expected to employ the use of traditional and digital learning approaches to develop and implement innovative, creative, and effective ways to strategically capture and share technical knowledge, leverage good practices, and improve the effectiveness of the organization’s activities. He/she has a responsibility to ensure that the organization is constantly linked to the broad VPN and e-business platform.
Key Functions & Responsibilities include:
- Develop a knowledge management strategy and implementation action plan for the organisation in alignment with its goal and objectives.
- Profile all the relevant stakeholders of the organization and their various information needs and develop appropriate responses to such needs.
- Design and implement effective learning and sharing activities including monthly seminars/webinars, workshops, conferences, and peer learning sessions – in collaboration with the Business Development and Marketing Manager – for clients of the organization.
- Plan and develop, as necessary, communications and information products (brochures, fliers, fact sheets, presentations, banners, posters, audio-visual materials etc. with particular emphasis on demonstrating the services and activities as well as the evidence and impact of the organization’s services).
- Provide other staff of the organization with the tools they need to document experiences from activities.
- Documentation of lessons learnt – ensuring that requirements, lessons learned, and best practices for products, events, and other knowledge management activities are documented and shared in an effective way.
- Assist in easy storage and retrieval of information and knowledge from the VPN and e-Knowledge Portal (on the e-business platform)
- Identify and create technical web content – in collaboration with the managers of the e-Business Platform for enterprise development – to ensure that the right knowledge from the right source is getting to the right people at the right time.
- Work closely with the Business Development and Marketing Manager to develop clientsdatabase.
Qualification, Experience and Job Requirements
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree with 5 years relevant experience in information technologyand knowledge management or Computer Science. A relevant advanced degree will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated understanding of Information and Communication Technologies.
- Demonstrated interest in and capacity to deliver knowledge management and/or organizational learning programmes.
- Ability to link content development and engagement strategies that facilitate timely, useful delivery of information through project learning platforms and activities.
- Functional proficiency in Web platform and social media management, and Database management.
- Excellent facilitation, program/activity management, and written and oral communication skills.